1.15.2013

Dark colors + stripes + aqua shoes

After writing a beautiful blog about how energized and happy I had been for the last couple of days. I've now hit rock bottom. I've hit that wall that we hit once we've run out of fuel. I hit that wall at work today, about 40 minutes before my shift ended, so that's good. But I've hit it hard. 
This morning I was scheduled to work 7:30 - 12. When I got there my manager told me that someone had called in and she had to go work at the other store, that she was going to leave me alone for an hour and then one of the assistants was going to show up. But if I could she needed me to stay until 4 pm. Which is okay, but not when you barely slept because your so used to falling asleep at 2 am instead of 11 pm. And it took you forever to fall asleep. But hey! who doesn't want the extra cash? 

Well, today's blog is an outfit post. So on this day I got dressed super fast. I originally wanted to wear a different shirt and no blazer, but I ended up wearing this outfit instead. This outfit was inspired by my desire to wear my shoes. So that's pretty much how this outfit came to be. Also, I love this skirt. I wear it all the time. 
Blazer: Dynamite
Shirt: Unknown
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes: Le Chateau
 









the pleated poppy blog



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

  1. That pop of turquoise is just the right touch!

    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are so awesome! I love the aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes!!! Really like the aqua

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classy outfit! I love black tights! Thanks so much for your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog hopping today - great looking outfit on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are cute! Such a fabulous pop of color! :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pop of color on your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. can so see why you wanted to build an outfit around the shoes they are awesome. Love the photos too. Hope you start on the way up again soon. Hugs Thanks for being a wardrobe Weds player this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't blame you for designing the outfit around those shoes--they're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I personally am not able to wear open-toed shoes but the ones you're wearing look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute :)

    How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog am following you
    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for your comment on my blog a while ago! Sorry I am just getting back. my favorite part of this are the Shoes!! such a fun enexpected pop of color :)



    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth, just doing some blog-hopping. I LOVE these shoes! SERIOUSLY LOL.

    <3
    Kali
    Kali Now Living

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...